Sunday 8 April 2012

Accutane/Isotretinoin series: Please let your moisturizer set!



After some thought, perhaps the best way to value add this blog is to give tips on my current beauty struggles and so thus marks the beginning of the living with accutane/isotretinoin series.

Ever since I started on Accutane/istotretinoin, the number 1 rule for applying face makeup is:

 

Let your moisturizer absorb into your skin first!


Gone are the days when I can just continuously slap on products and be good to go. Now I have to wait 10-20 minutes before I can start on the rest of my face faceup after moisturizing.

What is so bad about not waiting?

Your skin doesn't fully absorb the product = your skin is not as moisturized as it should be = watch the crazy dry patches and flakes appear!

As an oily skin gal all my life, I am extremely used to setting my makeup with powder. With the new medication that I am on, not setting it is not an option either, because I just look like a greaseball/shiny face ahoy. Since I was a crazy shopper and bought a ton of BB creams and emollient foundations before sense rolled in, I have enough 'moisturizing' or simply less drying foundations to last the whole treatment. However, they look too 'wet' on my skin, and my skin still gets greasy quickly!

Now I struggle along with oily but dehydrated skin *faints*

P.S. The accutane has resulted in the fastest turnover of outbreaks I have ever seen. Pimples take 1 day to form, 1 day to erupt and then they slowly subside. I just hope my skin can last throughout the duration of this fermentaion.

Love,
Tabby

No comments:

Post a Comment