Monday 7 May 2012

Review: Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm

Burt’s Bees Honey Lip Balm


A nice little lip balm that I bought from Guardian  Mannings in Hong Kong. Yes, they sell Burt’s Bees in some of the bigger Mannings in Hong Kong and having heard great things about the Burt’s Bees lip balm line, I decided to grab one of every flavour of this twist up lipbalms…forgetting that I had ordered 4 Burt’s Bees original Lipbalm from Amazon.com and they were on their way in the mail, from the US to Singapore.
So how did I find taster of the Burt’s Bees line? Well it’s a thick waxy lipbalm that is very different from the soft melt-on-your-lips type of lipbalm that I’m used to. It feels pretty hard and doesn’t deposit much product unless it warms up via the environment or through the heat of my laptop. When it’s all warmed up and soft, it glides on like a dream leaving my lips soft and moisturized, the perfect medium between too much and too little product.
As for the taste, I can’t detect any honey taste to it. In fact, it taste and smells more like a scentless lipbalm, which is nice after some horrific experience with lipbalms that gave me nausea from the mere smell of them.
The best part of this lipbalm?





Just look at the ingredient list, virtually all the products seem less chemicalized and without preservatives. (Tocopherol is a vitamin E derivative) So I do feel safe putting this on my lips since I tend to eat my lip products quite a bit.
In summary, I love the Burt’s Bees line but strong emotions are devoid in this product. So it scores a middling:
3/5 – I don’t regret this purchase but I’m not buying it again.
Love,
Tabby

No comments:

Post a Comment