Saturday 4 August 2012

Day 1: Project 100 Makeup pan START!

Actually the title is a misnomer since I offically started on August 1 but I couldn't upload my video because of my card reader. So $8 poorer and a quick trip to Best Denki, here is my project 100 makeup pan!



I started this thanks to Trycel on youtube. Doing something like this has always been in the back of my mind but chickening out and doing long project X pans has always been my way. Unfortunately, after 6 months, I finished less than 20 makeup items! So now I've decided to do this, for real.

Why the sudden drastic action? That's because I'm a complete shopaholic. To say that Í've not known this to be true would be an absolute lie but now it's time to face the fact. I'm a shopaholic. 3 years ago, I went on a mad clothes shopping spree and emptied my bank account. I had to borrow money from my roommate just to have $20 in my bank account, the minimum amount needed to withdraw money from the ATM. Having sprees of over $150 every few days was common and my roommate felt bitterly guilty over introducing me to online shopping. Within a few months, I bankrupted my account AND the savings account that my parents put aside for my university/marriage/rainy day/retirement (delete when necessary). Pleading with my roommate to ask for $20 and looking at my rainy day savings account bank statement was when I hit rock bottom. The clothes are gathering dust in my closet now, most of them are ill-fitting, or too over the top/slutty and unwearable to say the least.

However, in the following year, I never did manage to save up much money. The reason? I was on a skincare shopping addiction. Following that, after reading some makeup blogs like smashedmakeupbag, I started on makeup last year. I hauled like makeup was the cure to cancer. There was a notable occasion where I bought 10 NYX round lipsticks at one go from cherryculture, despite not owning or trying a single NYX round lipstick yet! Thankfully, while working as a sales assistant in June last year, I managed to have an epiphany that I was wasting my money and now my savings account is at a respectable size once again. However, the habit (and I do mean it, it really is just a habit) of buying makeup whenever I'm bored/depressed/stressed still crops up and I now have so much makeup that it's ridiculous. Thoroughly ridiculous. I'll get my inventories up soon and you can see how much money I've spent over the year.

Of course, the root cause of this shopping addiction still exists, but trying to fulfill the vapid emptiness of my life by other means is an endeavour that will, I dare say, take a longer time than this project pan. So managing the symptons seem much more feasible and so here is my project 100 pan!

I might buy 1 item for each 10 makeup product used up, but I might not. I will probably count deluxe size samples as 1 items since I have so many of them, but only 10 sample satchets will be considered as 1 full size item. So after this long livejournal-ish rant, here is the start of my new resolution and Day 1 of 31 days of blogging challenge!

Love,
Tabby

1 comment:

  1. Hello, my name is Ale and I am Brazilian. I apologize for my bad English, but I'm trying to make me understand.
    I identified a lot with your profile and I am following your progress as I take courage to start my own journey.
    Courage and keep it up! You're doing great!
    Let's get to the point of having only the essentials, the best products, best suited to our skin and to our liking!
    A big hug!
    Ale.

    ReplyDelete