Wednesday 21 November 2012

31 days of Samples: Day 4-11

 
 
Well, finals are up and around the corner and my job application process is not going to well :( As a de-stresser, it's time to post on this awesome blog!
 
I know that this is actually day 12 of the samples month but I just haven't used enough of my samples lying around to post yet, but don't worry, I have so many lying around that it won't be hard once I've made a bigger effort to use them up!
 
Day 4: BRTC Perfect BB Remover
 
 
 
A gel BB makeup remover that needs to be emulsified and washed off. This essentially functions the same as a cleansing oil and it does work! I used a makeup remover wipe after washing this off and there were no makeup residue on it. However, I didn't try this on my eye area since the last gel cleanser that I tried this with made me want to claw my eyes out. Overall this seems pretty nice but I'm not very fond of gel cleansers. Interestingly, the only other gel cleanser I've used is from Missha, another korean brand! Was it a trend? Hmmm....
 
 
Day 5: BRTC Perfect BB Toner

 
This toner promises the moon as usual:
 
 'skin balance control'? not really
 'whitening'? like I can tell from a small bottle of toner
'pore tightening'? No.
'moisture and soothing care'? Maybe.
 
It has an artifical sweet scent which is nice but can be a bit cloying at times. *speaking as one highly sensitive to scent*
 

 
A clear liquid that is poured out. A bit tacky and sticky in texture. Definitely something that I won't repurchase.
 
 
Day 6: Etude House Total Age Repair Wrinkle Reduce Royal BB Cream SPF45/PA+++
 

 
 
Yikes! What a mouthful!
 
I forgot to take a photo of the satchet before I tossed it but this is what it looks like. Compared to other 'first-gen' BB creams, this isn't as greyish as the others and is a better match (just barely) to my NC25-30 skintone. However too much product was in the satchet and I found that I had overapplied it to my face!
 
The staying power isn't very good either, it kind of faded after 3-4 hours in sunny Singapore and for an anti-aging BB cream, I found it rather drying on my skin. Then again, under isotretinoin, my skin is dry so that doesn't really say much about the BB cream! Would I purchase this? Nope, because this is still too pink for my yellow toned skin.
 
 
Day 7: Missha BB Boomer
 
 
 
Ah, what a familiar adversary. This is a sample satchet of the Missha BB Boomer, a BB cream primer, that I already own 2 tubes of! One was a GWP and the other was pretty much hustled onto me in my young, impressionable makeup buying days. Do I like it? No.
 

 
 
The cream as it is. Looks fine right?
 
 

 
 
As you can see, it gives a silvery sheen that consists of a pinkish tone. Totally not the white gold that I was expecting. The issue with this primer is that it pinks up ANY BB cream. So if your BB cream is for NC25? Congrats, this BB primer turns it to NW/NC15-20. I kid you not, it is that horrible.

 
I had another satchet of the Etude House BB cream mentioned above, so I wore one alone and the other together with this. What was my friends' verdict when they saw me?
 
 
and...
 

 
 
Yup. I recoiled in horror when I saw myself in sunlight as well and promptly took it off, sloshed some red lipstick on and felt so much better. Not something I recommend unless you are fairer than fair and if most foundations/BB creams are too dark for you, you lucky sod. This is totally a dupe for Benefit Moon Beam (guess what are my feelings towards that?!)
 
 
Day 8: RMK Liquid Foundation in 103
 
 
 
Ah, this is RMK's famous liquid foundation that is a favourite of many Japanese models. I got a few sample satchets as a GWP of my RMK Powder Brush. I love the awesome young SA in Serangoon's Nex RMK counter but it's a pity I don't see her around anymore :(
 
 
 
 
She gave me 103 and 102 but mentioned that 103 should be a closer match to my skintone.
 
 

 
 
Okay, maybe I've kept it for too long. It's seperated and it looks freaking dark and brown! I honestly freaked out when I saw it but...what do I have to lose? So I slapped it on.
 
Initally it had this really cakey fake look but as I blended it and spread it out, a miraculous thing happened, it just disappeared into my skin! I swear, one minute it looked all orange and mask-like, the next minute I had to squint to see where it was on my skin! Bizzarely, the more I blended, the lighter it got, so much so that my friend mentioned that I look paler than usual.
 
In terms of finish, it sets really fast and has a pretty matte/natural finish to the skin. Despite my (artificially) dry skin, it doesn't settle into lines too badly and allows the makeup that I apply over it to glide on smoothly. I can't comment about oil-control because that isn't a problem that I'm facing right now.
 
In terms of coverage, it is very buildable. Right now, I've applied a lot in the satchet and my coverage is medium to heavy! Most of my acne scarring is hidden and the only mark on my face is the scratch caused by my glasses (Don't ask me how that happened!). It definitely has the slightly flat effect that comes from a medium/heavy coverage foundation which I suppose is the only drawback of this product, apart from the price. It would probably work so much better if I sheer it out but overall I can say that this is a good product, one that I would think of purchasing, if I ever get through my other foundations and can stick to just one!
 
Love,
Tabby

No comments:

Post a Comment