Wednesday 30 January 2013

Bellabox January 2013 (my last beautybox for a while)

So with my new-found unemployment/self employment/start of startup journey, I need to cut unnecessary expenses (oh boy) like excess bodycare, makeup and food purchases (seriously?!). Tabby shall be thrifty and frugal against all odds and so one unnecessary expense would be beautyboxes! I took away my Bellabox account and they gave me the last box that I was due, the January 2013 box. As expected of life, it was epically underwhelming:
 
 
 
Final box ever

 
A little pinker than previous boxes
 

 
Some marketing bumbo jumbo about Chinese New Year
 
 
 
Finally, a list of products!
 
I like the idea behind it but the execution is poor. The wrapping paper is made from brown recylced paper so it looked so cheap and old.
 
 
 


 
 
1. Bunch of Skinfood samples. I was only supposed to get the Watery Berry package in the first picture but I guess they decided to throw in some extras


 
 
2. Dynastie Vamp EDP: Never heard of this brand before



 
 
Could this be??
 
 
 
 
Yes! It the blackheads removal tool that facials use to 'cleanse' your pores after steaming it! It's also derided as nothing more than some tool of pain that does not damage to your skin by forcing the oil glands out!
 
3. Skinmiso - Comedo Remover
 
 

 

 
 
4. Ichikami - Shampoo, Conditioner, Intensive Pack Treatment


 
 
5. B.Liv - Feel no sluggish: A one time use mask
 
 
All in all a complete and total disappointment. Though the comedone remover is worth more than the box itself, it still is a pretty poor box and I guess that's how all things end, with a mere whimper.
 
Love,
Tabby


No comments:

Post a Comment